9.12.2008

"He Keeps Looking At Me With His One Eye"

Well, we finally did it!  We got the boys a pet, that is if you consider two goldfish a pet?  And actually we didn't get them for the boys, we were given them to us at a Birthday Party last night.  It was our friend Dave's 30 and it was a Hawaiian theme and they gave out fish as the party favors.  At least it came with the bowl and food!  I know many of you think that I am not a fan of the animal kind because of my BIRD history, but I do love animals!  But, I have to admit that fish kind of fall under the same category as birds to me.  I know that it is going to be me that cleans out their bowl once a week and me that feeds them and me that has to console the boys once they pass on to fish heaven.  I do have to say that the boys are enjoying them, although I do recognize that is has only been a few hours since their arrival.   Aidan is into them more than Carter, but they do like them and Aidan just sits at the counter and stares at them and talks to them.  He keeps saying to me, "He keeps looking at me with his one eye", which I think is pretty funny!  They have named them, Carter's is Indy (after Indiana Jones, who he is into right now), and Aidan's is the all original, Nemo!

Indy is the big one with black spots and Nemo is the little one.
Here is Indy looking at Aidan with his one eye.

6 comments:

Emily Jones said...

We are so alike! Fish sound like the perfect pet. I think I'll wait though until they can feed it atleast....no one ever wants to clean out the bowl though.
I can't believe Dave turned 30. SOunds like a sweet party.
Love Ya

Paige said...

I hope yours last longer than ours did! We kept getting new ones and I kept telling a broken-hearted Quinlan about "Heavenly Father's plan" after each passing. Finally, Q said, "Geez, Jesus really wants those fish." Somewhere Heavenly Father has a really big fish bowl.

Tara said...

seriously, i love animals too, but who wants to take care of them... and kids... and the house and so on... fish seem like a good start!

Rhonda said...

At least the fish won't multiply like the time we got two male rabbits who all of the sudden had babies. Before we knew it we had tons of bunnies....It was crazy, So enjoy the fish because these are the little things that make lasting family memories.... Love ya!

Williamson Fam said...

Oh that is so funny especially the whole one eyed thing, we put a few fish in our pond out front, but we forgot the water dries up after a few days, oops! Hopefully a neighborhood cat go to them before they shrivled up on a dry rock..But i could care less either way...

The Millette Family said...

I agree! The mom is the one who ends up taking care of the animals. The excitement lasts about a week and then it is old news. Oh well, it's worth making the kids happy, even though it only lasts a while!