9.22.2008

"If you watch too much TV then it will make you stupid!"

Today I went to get Carter from across the street at a friends house (Sawyer's) that he had been playing with for a couple of hours.  When I got there I was talking to Sawyer's mom and she had said that Carter had said the funniest thing.  And right at that moment I started to panic and think of all the stuff he over hears at our house that I may not know he hears.  Carter has a very impressive memory and an even better auditory memory.  She told me that he and Sawyer were watching TV and Carter turned to Sawyer and said, "If you watch too much TV then it will make you stupid."  She was very sweet about it and said that it was so funny, and they even turned off the TV and played games.  I felt kind of embarrassed because any of you who know Carter knows what a TV junkie he is!  This kid would watch TV all day long if I let him.  (I wonder where he gets that??)  I had told Carter that once in a moment of frustration over the amount of TV he watches.  I never really thought he would repeat it to someone else especially in another person's home!  I know many of you may not agree with my techniques, but I will even go as far at to scare my child with stupidity to shut the TV off!!!!  It is amazing what things you tell them that really sinks in.

7 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh thats hilarious, they serioulsy pick up on the most random things, he's so smart..

Tara said...

i love that erin. i think scaring can be a great technique!

Emily Jones said...

I wish someone would've scared me into not watching much TV as a child/teen. Maybe I would have finished college or been a dr.
Very funny story though!
I have to start watching what I say around Tanner too, it stinks, ha.

The Ball Family said...

LOL..that is a funny story. Before you know it you will have to watch what you say all together... I find Haley trying to ease drop on my conversations or she will tell me something that she heard me say while on the phone. She is nosy just like her mother!!

Drew said...

That is so funny. Those little dudes are studs! I love how Aiden is so gangster sporting his bball shorts under his jeans! It was great to see you guys last night.

The Millette Family said...

Erin, that is hilarious! Don't feel bad, I tell Ethan those exact words when he won't turn the TV off.
I talked to Matt about your website. He said he could do it! Let me or him know when you are ready, if you haven't found someone else to do it already. Sorry, I took a long time to get back to you!

Stephanie said...

Don't feel bad, your not the only guilty one. Sam turns off the tv after a bit because I've told him, and he believes me, that if you watch too much TV, your brain will melt.- It's true in a way, right?