4.05.2009

Bunk Beds

In February I thought it was time to get Aidan out of the crib and into a big boy bed.  The boys were both so excited about the idea of bunk beds even though I was not. (I hate changing them!)  They got new sheets and were so excited.  I have to say all and all they have done great sharing a room and beds.  There have really been no problems; they have even slept better then they did before.  Carter no longer comes down to our room every night, and Aidan doesn't cry when he goes down, and he hasn't even fallen out of bed.  The only thing is that Aidan now gets up much earlier because Carter does.  Aidan used to get up around 10-11am!!  Yeah, I know, he was a crazy sleeper!  Now he gets up around 8-8:30am.  In all reality it is better because I can get more done with him up at a reasonable hour and he will take a nap. 
 I have to say this has been a success!


Carter was pumped to be on the top bunk!

Aidan's first night in his new bed!  Soooo cute!

4 comments:

Emily Jones said...

That is so cute. I bet they have so much fun together. I can't believe Aidan used to sleep in that much. I miss ya

Rhonda said...

Very cute room! You are a great decorator!

Williamson Fam said...

Oh how fun, i wonder what they talk about at night, good times!

Anonymous said...

I recently came across a couple of colorful designs on more bunk beds and kids bedroom furniture.