4.13.2009

The cutest room ever!

A couple of weeks ago my mom came up to help me get the room ready for the baby.  And man did we work hard!  O.K., by we, I mean my mom!  My mom painted the room and it looks great!  This room used to be blue and it was the boys play room.  It is amazing how some pink can really transform this into such a girlie space.  I am very proud of myself because we did this room on a very small budget.  I used so many things that I just happened to have and we refinished them.  It was really fun.  I love that I have some old pieces that used to be my grandparents, it gives it some special meaning.  I think my grandma would be proud at how far her little dresser has made it!  Anyways,  here are the photos of the room!
This is the dresser that we refinished and got the cutest knobs for.  Thanks Anthropology!  I have to say this turned out better than I imagined and it is my favorite piece in the room.  This dresser has seen my through my two boys and before that used to be my grandma's!  It is one old, but great dresser!
Did the art myself, painted the lamp and made the shade!
Did the art myself and painted and redid the baskets.
The curtains really make the room come together.  I was able to use rods that I had already had from before and they look perfect in the room.
My mom stripped and painted the chairs.  These are old chairs that were my grandparents and we think were my aunt Isabelle's before that.  We painted the shelves, and even painted one of the bird houses.  We got so much done that week, it was awesome!  There is still a few things that I need to do in this room, so when those are done I will post more pictures!
We are ready for you little girl!!! 

13 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Looks great, Erin!! I bet it was fun to do a little pink rather than blue this time. We are so excited for you guys. I'm sure all three of your guys are just going to melt for this little girl! That is so cool too how you were able to incorporate old furniture that has been in your family for a long time. Maybe your little girl will be able to use it for her little girl someday. Can't wait to meet her when she makes her arrival!

Rachie said...

I love it, Erin! The room looks like it is fit for a princess! I remember that dresser in Carter's room when you lived in Draper.

Williamson Fam said...

So cute, you guys did so much..I should have looked at it when i was there, darn it,,we're excited for her to come to..

Rhonda said...

Beautiful room Erin. So fun that you got to do it with your mom. You are so talented. Love the art work you did. What a lucky little girl!

Paige said...

Nothin' gets it done like 62-yesr-old slave labor. Gotta love that woman! This looks great!

Erin Boyle said...

It is Beautiful!

The Ball Family said...

WOW! That is such a beautiful room...she is one lucky baby!

Aislinn said...

cute Erin! I think utilizing existing pieces IS the BEST! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little one!

Emily Jones said...

Wow, you are amazing. I love that the dresser and chairs are redone. I can't wait to see that little girl. Remember when you were dating Joe and we would talk about how cute your little girl could be?
I can't wait. GOod luck with the delivery, when is she due?
Love ya

Stephanie said...

Erin, the room is so cute! I love girly stuff- I bet she'll love it too. I am so excited for you.

The Millette Family said...

so cute! I could live in there! I am so excited for you to have a little girl. I can't make it to your shower, it's the exact same time as "Wicked". I want to come by and see you and bring you a gift. I'll call you! :)

Kami Su said...

I saw your blog on Katie's. So dang cute! This room is adorable and amazing, wow!!!!!

heather hatch said...

Adorable!!!! You and Liz did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see it in person!