1.21.2009

Adventures in Potty Training

Last week I thought it was time to start potty training Aidan.  And that is about as far as we got.  I have this idea of a few months with out diapers and how nice that would be, but I think that is wishful thinking.  
  I took Aidan to the store to pick out what ever underwear he wanted and I would buy it.  He found some that he wanted and was excited to wear them.  We got home and got him into them.  That night he even went pee on the toilet!  We cheered and jumped for joy; although Aidan just looked at us like we were crazy.  The next day I tried again.  He had a couple accidents and then I forced him to go on the potty.  He told me he would, but Carter and I could not watch him and we could not cheer!  This kid is such a nut.  So, we left the room and he went and then told me he was done and I went in and said "yeah Aid.." and then he said, "no cheering!"  After two days he said he was done and wants to be a baby again and wear diapers.  So, that is about as far as we got with the whole potty training thing.  He keeps saying that he will go tomorrow.  
Carter was potty trained in a day and all was good.  And, I was hoping Aidan would be as easy, but I should have known better!!!

Any tips anyone???  Let me know!

Sorry, pictures are PG-13
What a dork!

1 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Well for starters you could get rid of the frickin baby potty seat and let him sit on the real toilet like a big boy, with one of those seats that goes over the potty seat..I'm just saying those things are just gay...I am dreddign potty training, why cant they come from heaven potty trained?