3.05.2009

Burn Victim

The night we got back from our trip to L.A. our house was super cold because we had turned the heat off while we were gone.  So Joe decided to turn on the fire place because it heats up the house quicker than the heater.  Sometime while we were unloading the car and getting everything unpacked Aidan touched the fireplace glass and burned his hand.  The sad part about this story is that he hid and was really quiet and was holing his hand.  He wouldn't tell us what happened because he thought he would get in trouble.  I felt so bad!  Our kids are so scared of us that they won't even tell us when they are hurt... I don't think that is a good thing.  He wasn't really crying about it, he just wouldn't let us look at it.  A total of 8 Batman band aids really helped!!  The burn was not really bad at all, he even took the band aids off in the morning.  He now asks me everyday if the fireplace is on.  I still feel bad for my little guy. :( 


4 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Poor guy!! Alexis touched the lawn mower motor last summer, burned her finger, and is STILL talking about it. I feel for him!

Rhonda said...

Nicole did the same thing on my parents fireplace when she was little. I held her all night while putting her hand in a bowl of ice water off and on to releave the pain. I felt so bad. Poor little guy!

Williamson Fam said...

Ahhhh poor Aiden, ya what do you do beat them when they get in trouble? j/k And that is one BIG band-aid in the middle of his hand..

Tara said...

that is sooo sad! congrats on your ellie belle. so darling! i love the fabrics. it looks like you may have gotten some great pictures already, but i didn't want to not tell you that i am booking sessions in Utah between April 13-21. how exciting for your new business! good luck. i have opened up an etsy shop for hairclips and i am doing a giveaway on my blog!