10.05.2009

Are you sure I can't do just the 1K?

On September 19, we ran in our first race ever!  Joe did the 6K, I did the 3K and Carter did the 1K.  This race was called Racing Cane.  I really wanted to do the 1K, but you had to be under 12.  So, Joe and I trained to two weeks and went and did it.  Neither one of us were any good, but it was fun to do.  Carter loved doing the race and wants to do more.  I even won a medal for coming in 3rd place for my age group, but that isn't saying much because there were only four people in my age group! LOL!  So know we are signed up to do the Provo half in May, so we'll see how that goes.  I have to say that I am proud of my self for doing it though being that I had had a baby 3 months earlier and done no physical activity in a year!  Way to go us!
Joe helping Carter get ready for the race.
The guys before the race.  Joe, Dave Eves, John, and Dave Brotherson.
The girls before the race.  Julie, Courtney and I.
Carter just before the race.
Carter racing!

1 comments:

Andersen Fan Club said...

Erin, I love that you ran, it is awesome!!! Congratulations