7.22.2008

Animal enthusiast no more???

For the past few weeks we have had a mother sparrow building a nest in the eves of our front porch.  At first I thought it was kind of neat and the boys really loved looking out our window and seeing the birds.  After a few weeks the babies were born and now we have four little editions to our home.  Alright, I consider myself a lover of all creatures, an animal enthusiast if you will, but the birds are really testing my love. 
 
Here are the four babies waiting for some food or lets call it what it really is, vomit.
Here is the mother feeding them...vomit.
Another view of the babies.

O.K., here is why they are pushing their luck at survival.  Not only is the process of building a mud nest messy, so is the constant feeding.  While the mother feeds the babies she misses sometimes and those sometimes end up on the porch floor along with the mass of crap.  The birds also constantly fly into my windows and get pissed any time I open my front door, by flapping all around and out of control.  Yes, I know they may be cute and sweet, but I might as well have baby rats living here, they are just about as vial.  As soon as those little "rats" can fly away, down comes their nest!!!!

Major vomit and crap, how nasty!

7 comments:

Aislinn said...

SOOOO FUNNY! Only because I can relate. We thought our neighbor was excited to have a bird nest in his front eaves but were sadly mistaken. One day I heard him shoo-ing and yelling at the mother bird to get away, and a few days later I asked him if the babies had hatched yet and he said something like "uh.. they are gone. With a VERY guilty look on his face. Like- they are gone because I took them to the trash and now you see me spraying the mess off my front porch. Anyhow...Way to go for sticking it out! Such a great story.

Williamson Fam said...

Ok i just threw up in my mouth, that is so nasty, if i were you i would have gotten out my BB Gun, (if i had one) those suckers would be gone, but you cant kill babies...Thats a funny story..

Paige said...

New template is adorable! Mom will be pleased in your choice of elderly-friendly font and colors :)!

Rachie said...

I hear rat poison will do the trick!

I loved hanging with you last night. You are my favorite HOP right now.

Emily Jones said...

What a crappy situation! I think you should let Joe handle it. I love the way you tell stories btw. Love the changes to your template.

The Ball Family said...

I found your blog on Melanies page... It has been a very long time!! It is so great to see picture's of your beautiful family!

Andrea said...

#1 - that's hilarious and disgusting and #2 - it's great to see you again! I just reconnected with Melanie and she led me to you and Emily - great seeing you - your family is adorable!!! Andrea Shannon