7.29.2008

The truth hurts

We had this big dragon fly that got into our garage and then died and was laying next to the car.  I didn't really want to move it, so I figured I would let Joe take care of that.  So, it sat there for a few days and the boys liked seeing it when we would leave, Aidan especially.  One day when we were leaving last week  Aidan recognized that the dragon fly was gone (because Joe threw it in the trash).   Aidan said, "Where is the bug?"  I said, "Well he died."  Aidan said, "But I want to say hi to the bug."  I then, trying to teach a little lesson about death, said, "The bug is in bug heaven now with Heavenly Father."  Carter piped in with, "No he's not, he's in the trash can!"
Man, he such the realist, there is no hope with him!  He loves to crush his brothers sweet thoughts.  Needless to say Aidan was a bit sad, but I think he is over it now.

1 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh thats hailarous, i try to tell jake when he takes his naps that his stuffed animals and toys are sleeping to, he tells me no mom they're not real! Whatever!