7.18.2008

I.R. Iran vs. D-League Ambassadors

I have to say that I have experienced things in my life that I never expected to experience.
Yesterday we had the unique opportunity to go and watch the Olympic basketball team from Iran play a D-League team at The Factory, a sports facility in Lehi. For those who don't know by now, Joe is a co-owner and President of the Utah Flash, a developmental basketball team which is part of the NBA. And because of the team we have been exposed to some really cool things. Having this Iranian team come here and play is a really big deal for obvious reasons. The main reason for their visit is to play in the Rocky Mountain Review, a summer league here in Utah.
They had this little basketball clinic before the game for local kids and Carter and Aidan were part of it. I was really hesitant to put Aidan in the mix because he was the youngest and smallest kid there. But, the funniest part of it all was how much the Iranian players loved Aidan. They wanted to take pictures of him and were pinching his cheeks and just smiling and laughing at him. They were so sweet to him; they were lifting him up and helping him shoot the ball. The reporters and photographers were loving him too. Aidan even made it into the Salt Lake Tribune news paper today, with a big picture of him and a 7-foot 5-inch Iranian player, it is so cute. It looks like the guy could eat him! ABC news even interviewed me because they thought Aidan was so cute and funny. They kept calling him "Little Flash". I will hopefully get some better pictures and I will post them. You can see some other cool photos if you go to NBA.com.

Aidan with player on the Iranian team.
Aidan and Carter with injured player & coach of the Iranian team.
Final score of the game. We won!!!!

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh wow, i bet the boys had such a great time what great pictures.

Paige said...

The Today Show had a story about this today. I recorded it hoping I would see "Little Flash" but he was nowhere to be found as they didn't cover the clinic. Have you found them on TV anywhere yet???